Friday, January 14, 2011

Martinez Cabin and Mine

What a neat day!  I had mentioned to Vic that one day I'd like to drive an area that we have been over several times on our way to different trails.  Now I didn't want to drive all of it - just the more scenic part.  Well......today after we aired down the tires, he handed me the keys.

I am so excited - I drove all the way to Martinez Cabin.  Well, not ALL the way.  I quit about .1 miles short of that destination.  The last obstacle wasn't anything I wanted to attempt.  I never dreamed that I could do what I did - AND not fall completely apart.  It was great!  Truthfully the Jeep did all the work.  I just had to point it in the right direction.  And, I don't even mind that I didn't drive the entire route.  The trail is rated moderate (not easy) which means four-wheel drive, low range and high clearance are necessary.







Vic really, really wanted to drive all the way to the mine.  I convinced him to quit here and walk the rest of the way.  If there had been just one other vehicle, I wouldn't have been so concerned.  It wasn't more than a few hundred yards to the mine.




The canyon was so colorful with the red rocks and various shades of green.  Now, if I can only wipe the silly, prideful grin off my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment